Thursday, April 10, 2008

How did they not see this coming?

I've been working late shifts at one of the emergency clinic in town this week. They're supposed to be 3pm to 1am, but they've been stretching a bit later. I worked 3pm to 4am the other day. Ridiculous.

Anyway, I was coming home last night at 3:30am and listening to the news radio station. They predicted today might be a little cloudy and it might rain.

I had an appointment to get an oil change and have the summer tires put on the car today, since it's my only weekday off until the rapture. Or until May 22 if you want to avoid hyperbole.

I got up at 10am and was still exhausted from the night before. My very nice husband Mike agreed to take the car in for me, and I would pick it up later today. When he went out to the car it looked like this:

snowy mazda

He made it about 5 blocks from home before deciding that he didn't want to die on the roads today. He turned around and barely made it up a small hill on the way back.

I went for a walk this afternoon and it had started again. This is thick, heavy stuff that sticks to you and causes major heart attacks in middle-aged men who have to shovel it. This is what I looked like one block from home:

snowy day in April

But at least the gnome is still happy.

gnome in snow

Creepy little bugger. Mike was terrified of this thing when he was a toddler. Smart guy.

In other news I've been to Lethbridge to work lately, and will be going back in a couple of weeks. I really like that place. If only the university would open an engineering department where Mike could teach.

I also spent some time working up in the northeast end of the city. Aptly, there was a plethora of adorable pitbulls to vaccinate:

cropped pitbulls

If you click on the picture you can see the little pink dots that we drew on their heads with a highliter to keep track of who had already been vaccinated and dewormed.

So that's what's been going on with me. Any suggestions on how to go to bed 6 hours earlier than "usual" tonight? I have to work at 9am tomorrow.


webhill said...

nice puppies!

I wish blogger had a way to let one reply to comments via email or something. Anyway, my wicked is in artyarns supermerino, and I just bound off the right sleeve and have four rounds plus 8 cuff rounds to go on the left. Phew! I used much less yarn than I bought as I have one untouched and two barely touched balls left. I just can't remember how much I bought :)

Jamie said...

at first I thought those were puppies in a shopping cart! Very cute!

Grace said...

Gosh what a sight to wake up to on your day off! Hopefully you had a nice day inside knitting :)

Alice @

Marc Novakowski said...

Heather - if you're looking for more knitting ideas check out this website: